2. KINDS OF INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US AND HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Services – Personal Information and Automatically Collected Information (collectively, “Information”).
“Personal information” is any information that can individually identify you and includes, as an illustrative example and without limitation, name, address, email address, phone number, username, password, date of birth, and credit card information. We collect no Personal Information about you unless you specifically and knowingly provide it. “Automatically Collected Information” includes information that does not personally identify you, but may include, as an illustrative example and without limitation, tracking and usage information about your location, use of the Websites, Application, and the Internet, etc.
There are a number of circumstances in which you voluntarily supply us with your Personal Information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your Personal Information:
• When you send us a request for more information about the products, services, and information listed on the Seven Apart Website using the “Inquiries” link;
• When you join our mailing lists or newsletters;
• When you sign up to join our Allocation List;
• When you sign up for a Member Account with us;
• When you purchase a product from, or place an order with us and in order for us to ship you our products;
• When you sign up for our promotions and giveaways;
• When you register for one our programs or events;
• When you request a tasting or contact us for other similar business purposes;
• When you sign up to be a part of our Influencer Program;
• When you sign up to be a Banks’ Insider;
• When you send an email to our webmaster, so that we may respond to your message;
• When you register for an account on one of our Websites;
• When you submit employment-related information provided on job applications submitted through the Website or electronically, including for example, job preferences, work history, and other Personal Information;
• When you participate on social media accounts involving Seven Apart;
• When you submit questions, comments, or feedback through the Website, or otherwise; or
• When you submit or knowingly volunteer Personal Information on any other place while using the Services.
Automatically Collected Information
Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit or use the Websites or Services. The following lists the most common information that is automatically received or collected:
• The name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using and/or the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP);
• The type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system;
• Websites visited before or after you visit our Website;
• The date and time you access the Website, the length of your stay, the specific pages that you access and number of “clicks” while visiting the Websites; and
• Information concerning the country of origin of your device and the language(s) used by it.
We use this information to monitor the usage of our Website and Services, assess performance, ensure technological compatibility with your device, understand the relative importance of the information provided on the Website and Services, and to improve your customer experience. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data and gather demographic information We may collect this information in an anonymous and aggregated format, meaning, it is not linked to any Personal Information. We may also choose to share this aggregate information about consume behavior to third parties, but as stated, it is not linked to any Personal Information.
As part of our ongoing efforts to ensure the best possible experience for all users of our Website, we may use “cookies” to collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable information about your visit, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, access dates and times, referring website address, and browsing activity. We use “cookies” to identify repeat visitors to our Website. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies enable us to provide special features such as storing items in your shopping cart between visits or tailoring products or services offered to you based on past preferences or geographic location. Even without cookies, you can still use most of the features of our Site, including placing items in your shopping cart and purchasing them.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but allow you to turn off cookies as part of the browser options. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access personalization available through the Website.
Analytics and Advertising
We, as well as third-party vendors acting on our behalf (such as Google and Hotjar), may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to gather anonymous analytics and statistics about our Website and how it is are being used by our visitors so we can improve our Website. Our web server storage logs may collect the domain names, internet protocol addresses, the types of web browsers, and certain data of visitors to the website.
We and these third-party vendors, including Google, may use third-party technologies (such as a Facebook Custom Audience Pixel) together with our own first party technologies in order to analyze ad impressions, your use of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services. The information collected may also include information about your visits to our Website, include the pages you have viewed and what content you have seen. These third-party tracking technologies may be set to, among other things: (a) help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in; (b) prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times; and (c) understand the effectiveness of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.
You can opt out of certain advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative consumer opt out page at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/, by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page at https://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note, at this time we do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
Social Media Sites
When you interact with Seven Apart on or through a social media platform, such as Facebook, or Instagram, we collect the Personal Information that you make available to us on that page or account, including your user ID and/or username, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. Please note, however, that we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such Personal Information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
Our Website includes social media widgets, such as Facebook and Instagram widgets. These features collect Automatically Collected Information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our Websites, and they set a cookie to make sure their features function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Websites. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
As non-limiting examples, we use the Information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
• To provide the features, products, and services you request;
• To facilitate your registration for an account with us;
• To notify you about promotions, giveaways, new wines, released, special offers, and events we think you will find valuable or of interest;
• To notify you of changes to our Website;
• To communicate with you and provide you with information:
• To provide customer support;
• To ship products to you;
• To perform our obligations under a contract with you:
• To deliver to you relevant advertising:
• To provide you with other offers:
• To improve our Websites, features, products and services;
• To facilitate your application for job opportunities with us;
• To monitor the usage of our Service,
• To detect, assess, prevent and address technical and performance issues,
• To conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data;
• To deliver to you relevant advertising from use of demographic and preference information such that advertising related to our Services is targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent, and
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
We may contact you by email or other means at an email address that you have provided to us. For example, we may send you account information or promotional offers. If you do not wish to receive this information via email, you may opt out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Alternatively, you may send an email to email@example.com from the email address you would like removed and include the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. Or you may send a postcard to Seven Apart Wines.
We will store your Information only for as long as we need to use your information for the above purposes.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Third-Party Marketing Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information, unless we provide you with advance notice, or in the circumstances provided below. However, Automatically Collected Information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. For example, in addition to informing you about our own products and services, from time to time, we may also share your personally identifiable information with select marketing partners who offer products or services that we believe will be of interest to you. Our marketing partners may use this information to contact you directly regarding their own offers of interest. You may choose to opt-out of having your personal information shared with these third-party companies by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “Do Not Share” in the subject line. You may also send a postcard to Seven Apart.
We may make your Information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors or vendors, who help us manage or provide services offered on our Websites or Services, such as hosting, analytics, customer service, processing, storing, tracking, and organizing information on our behalf, etc. We may need to share your Information with them but we require that all of our service providers keep Information confidential and not disclose it to third parties and not use it for any other purpose, including direct or indirect marketing purposes.
We may also use or disclose your Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us, the Website or Services; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, Services, or our users; or (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, the users of the Websites or Services or the public.
Merger, Sale, Or Bankruptcy
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, Seven Apart may transfer your Information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties, if any, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to the contact information provided below. California law also permits residents of California to opt-out of Seven Apart’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to the contact information provided below. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
5. HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
Personal information collected on our Website or through our Services are stored and processed in the United States.
Employment-related information and queries may be transferred internally at Seven Apart. By visiting this Website and our Services and submitting information, you consent to such collection, processing, transfer and/or storage of your Personal Information.
6. HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We employ reasonable security measures to protect the Information we receive from you. While we strive to create a secure and reliable site for our users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted over the Internet cannot be 100% guaranteed. Users should keep in mind that any information submitted through an Internet transaction is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without their consent. Seven Apart is not responsible or liable for illegal interception of personal data via any Internet transaction. No transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise data security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us.
7. PAYMENTS AND CREDIT CARD SECURITY
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Services. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors), such as Wine Direct. We will not store or collect your complete payment card or banking details. Information may be provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their respective Privacy Policies.
When we collect and transmit sensitive data such as your credit card number, we encrypt it using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and the https security protocol to communicate with your browser software. This method is the industry standard security protocol, which makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Seven Apart collects credit card information solely to complete a single transaction. Seven Apart does not store complete credit card information.
8. Links on Our Websites
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our Websites or Application. The Website may contain links to other sites, such as to Facebook or Instagram. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
9. NOT DIRECTED TO INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE
Our Website is not intended for people under the legal drinking age of 21. We do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information from or about individuals under the age of 21. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from an individual under the legal drinking age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Accordingly, Seven Apart respects the privacy of children and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We also do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you may not register for an account on the Website. Similarly, if we learn that a child under 13 has provided Personal Information to us without verification of parental consent, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete that information.
10. REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
You may view, update or change information related to your account. Visit the My Account page on the Website and enter your account using your email address and password.
11. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
12. GOVERNING LAW
13. CONTACT US
4057 Silverado Trail
Napa CA 94558-1113